Tuesday, May 5, 2009

HOUSEWORK

Housework vocabulary isn't difficult. Would you like to try first with a nice online exercise? Click here and good luck!

1. Complete the phrases with the following words
do /do /hoover/ make /tidy/ the dishes/ the floor
the rubbish out /the shopping/ the washing
a) __________the ironing
b) __________the carpets
c) __________your bed
d) Wash ______________
e) Do ________________
f) __________your room
g)__________the cooking
h) Do ________________
i) Take _______________
j) Clean _______________
2. Are these sentences true or false for you? Correct the false ones
a) I hardly ever wash the dishes _____________________________________
b) I never tidy my room ___________________________________________
c) I always make my bed ___________________________________________
d) I often take the rubbish out _______________________________________
3. How much housework do you do? Write five sentences
a) ___________________________________
b) ___________________________________
c) ___________________________________
d) ___________________________________
e) ___________________________________
4. Complete the text with housework vocabulary
James and Laura,
I’m going to work now. Can you (1) ………… your rooms? And don’t forget to (2) ………… your beds!
Aunt Jill is coming this afternoon, so please (3) ………… the carpets, (4) ………… the kitchen floor and (5) ………… the rubbish out. Could you also (6) ………… the shopping before dinner? Don’t worry – I’ll (7) ………… the dishes later!

Thanks,
Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment