Thursday, April 16, 2009

ADJECTIVES TO DESCRIBE FEELINGS

1 Complete the sentences. Use the adjective form of the verbs in the box.
disappointed excited frightened jealous nervous surprised upset
A I’m really (1) ………… . We’ve got an exam today.
B Don’t worry – you’re really clever!
A But I’ll be so (2) ………… if I don’t do well.
B I never worry about exams, and I didn’t revise last night, so I’ll be (3) ………… if I pass!
A What did you do last night then?
B I watched a horror film with my sister Beth. We were (4) ………… !
A How is Beth?
B She’s ok. Our cat died, so she was a bit (5) ………… . But we’re going on holiday soon, so she’s (6) ………… about that!
A Are you? Where are you going?
B To Barbados!
A Wow! I’m really (7) ………… ! I’d love to go there.
2 Complete the sentences with the following adjectives
annoyed disappointed excited frightened jealous nervous upset
1 Are you _________ before exams?
2 I’m going on holiday tomorrow. I’m really _________ !
3 Jo’s boyfriend is really _________ – he always phones her when she meets other friends.
4 I studied a lot but I didn’t pass my English test. I was really _________ .
5 Last night we watched a horror film. I was _________ !
6 When me and my friends were late for class, our teacher was _________ .
7 Jenny’s cat died yesterday. She’s really _________ .
3. Complete the sentences about Sally´s day. Use adjectives which decribe feelings
a) Sally was a_____________ because she missed her bus
b) She got 20 out of 20 for her homework. She was very s___________
c) She was n__________ before her maths exam
d) The exam wasn´t easy. Sally was c___________
e) She was really e________________ when she had an accident in the school canteen
f) She didn´t do well in her maths exam. She was a bit d_______________
g) She was very e___________ when her boyfriend scored a goal
h) She was j__________ when her boyfriend danced with another girl at the disco
i) She watched a horror film in the evening. She was very f_____________

No comments:

Post a Comment