Tuesday, March 24, 2009

HOBBIES & INTERESTS

EXERCISES

1. Match the hobbies and interests (1–7) with the definitions (a–g).

1__ 2__ 3__ 4__ 5__ 6__ 7__

1 chess
2 fashion
3 computer games
4 martial arts
5 photography
6 drawing
7 collecting things

a) Judo and karate are examples of these.
b) Tomb Raider is one of these.
c) If you like this hobby, you’re probably good at art.
d) This is a board game for two people.
e) This can include things like stamps, stickers and pictures.
f) This is related to clothes.
g) You need a camera for this hobby.

2. Read what people say and identify their hobbies and interests.
a) "I always look in shops clothes to see what´s new each spring and autumn" _________
b) "I go to karate lessons every Monday and I do judo every Friday" _______________
c) "My favourite artists are Goya and Van Gogh. I´d like to go to art college when I leave
school" ___________
d) "I started to learn to play when I was seven. My dad taught me. At first he always won, but now I usually beat him" ___________
e) "I really like comedies. My favourite actor is Jim Carrey. I think he´s really funny" _______

3. Complete the sentences about free time activities with the following words:
surfs - play - stay - go - phone - read - watch - goes
1. I often ________ in on Saturday night
2. I usually _________TV after school
3. My brother often __________ the Internet
4. I never ________ computer games
5. My sister sometimes ___________to a sleepover at her friend´s house at the weekend
6. I don´t ________ magazines because they are boring
7. My parents sometimes __________to the cinema
8. I hardly ever ____________ a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment